Town Hall: Revisions to Human Subjects Regulations, October 9, 2015
- What: Conference Call to Discuss Changes to IRB Regulations
- Date: Friday, October 9, 2015
- Time: 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and fifteen other Federal Departments and Agencies have announced proposed revisions to the regulations for protection of human subjects in research. New forms of research using personal health data may be affected by proposed changes like:
- Changing the qualification for “exempt” status
- Requiring IRBs to review how research results can be returned to participants
- Mandating single IRBs for multi-institution studies
All HDE Network Members are invited to join a Town Hall conference call on Friday, Oct. 9, 10am PDT to discuss the proposed changes. During the call we will present a brief overview of the proposal and discuss opportunities for contributing to the HHS rule making process.
We are presently in the 90-day period where public comment is invited on the proposed rules. This presents a unique opportunity for individuals to make their voices heard about these important changes to the federal human research protection regulations. We hope you will join us for this important discussion!
- Dial: 866-740-1260
- Access code: 5349595#