The Latest in Digital Health News
The Health Data Exploration Project’s regular scan through the news.
The mHealth App Market Will Grow By 15% To Reach $31B By 2020
- Mobile health applications are one of the fastest growing categories in the app market. The market will grow by 15% (CAGR) from $10B to reach $31B by 2020. Read more…
Five telemedicine trends transforming health care in 2016
- Telemedicine is a key component in the health care industry shift to value-based care as a way to generate additional revenue, cut costs and enhance patient satisfaction. Read more…
Big Data for Data Security
- When people think about data security, it is often in the context of programmes used to protect the data that already exists in a database or system. Read more…
Is Wearable Technology Creating a Data Time Bomb?
- The company that made your smartphone is no longer a hardware manufacturer. It has become adept at harvesting and managing data from it users, too. Every device has a series of sensors, as well as a user login and an account where data is stored. Read more…
Your Doctor Doesn’t Want to Hear About Your Fitness-Tracker Data
- Some patients are bringing troves of fitness-tracker data to their checkups, but the doctor might not find it all that helpful. Read more…
Visible Patient gets FDA clearance for custom 3D anatomy models, app still to come
- Visible Patient, a French company that makes 3D models of human organs to assist surgeons, has received FDA 510(k) clearance for its VP Planning Software Suite. Read more…
Survey: 83 percent of Apple Watch owners said device contributes to their overall health
- A new survey of 1,500 consumers from Apple Watch research service Wristly has found that 83 percent of the Apple Watch owners surveyed said the device at least somewhat contributes to their overall health and fitness. Read more…
How mobile phones are making childbirth safer in Ethiopia
- In Ethiopia where almost nine in every 10 women give birth at home after pregnancies with little or no medical support, a mobile phone app is coming to the rescue with lifesaving guidelines when things go wrong. Read more…
It’s 3 a.m. and you’re feeling depressed. How technology is transforming mental health care.
- When he’s having a hard time coping, the 23-year-old Maryland man can get extra support with a few quick taps on his smartphone. Read more…
58% of Smartphone Owners Download, Use Mobile Health Apps
- The findings from this study illustrate that mHealth app developers will need to consider some of the consumer concerns regarding the products such as excessive data entry requirements and the associated costs. Read more…
GOT A SUGGESTION?
Is there a news item or new research article that you think we should feature in the HD Explorer? Let us know at http://hdexplore.calit2.net/contact/.